Does your jaw feel weak or like it is missing bone? If so, you could be need a bone graft. A bone graft is a useful procedure that can help your jaw in many ways. In fact, many people find a bone grafting procedure helpful when they do not have enough bone to support a dental implant.
Our dentist understands the importance and need of a bone graft for many cases. That is why our team at Park Avenue Oral Surgery is happy to help you understand this procedure, so you know if it may be right for you.
Here is a list of helpful tips on bone grafting and how it can help your jaw:
– Bone grafts are shown to be beneficial for periodontal dentistry treatments.
– If you have a weakened jawbone that is soft and frail, a bone grafting treatment can help strengthen it.
– A bone graft works by taking a section of bone from another area of your body and grafting it onto your jawbone. Sometimes, our dentist can use various forms of artificial bone graft materials instead.
– According to the AAOMS, bone grafts are recommended in situations where the jawbone is too weak, frail or soft to hold a dental implant on its own.
– If you are looking to place a dental implant but your jawbone is not strong enough to hold it, a bone graft can strengthen the bone for future implant use.
– Typically, bone grafts take several months to heal before they’re strong enough to support dental implants.
If you need a bone graft in New York, New York, or if you have questions about this procedure, please call us today at 212-644-7009 to make an appointment. Our team at Park Avenue Oral Surgery is fully equipped to assist you in a bone grafting procedure and help you discover if this treatment is right for you.